Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The bib with sleeves

So it turns out the bib with sleeves is a hit :)
You may or may not remember it from the frantic sewing that I did for the nephew during his last week here.

I did not have a pattern to begin with, but had a general idea of how I wanted to go about it. So I used one of his shirts that fit him well for measurement. I added an inch to each side so that he can get good use out of the bib.

On paper, the idea was to make it in three pieces - the body and two sleeves.



This is what the finished product looked like, front and back -



And with the cutest nephew wearing bib #2 (this one is a little shorter, and without the brown cuffs) -


If you wish to make one, you can find the PDFwith pattern pieces (and very amateurish instructions as well :)) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -