Monday, February 1, 2021

Tutti Frutti Yarn - Out of Hibernation!!

This spiral pattern totally struck my fancy - so much so that I bought the pattern not having made so much as a single Tunisian crochet stitch in my life! The pattern mentioned that I could start the project with the hooks I already had. So I picked up a ball of my yarn (one of 4 balls that I'd ordered back in 2018), printed the pattern and settled in my chaise, ready to make progress!!

When I was done with the base rectangle, it looked really good - exactly like the knit stockinette stitch. Then I looked at the project photos. Different! After a quick google search I learnt that I'd made a mistake and unknowingly  created a different Tunisian crochet stitch LOL. So I frogged and re-did the base.

The first corner also took me one round of make-frog-make to get right. But that's only me Tunisian crochet-ing for the very first time. This is how far I've gotten, slow and steady, ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -