Saturday, January 30, 2021

Aaru's Wynn Hat

Every winter, I try to make something (hat/mittens/gloves) for Aaru. Until last year her requests included braids/ears/hello kitty/unicorns/rainbows/etc. This year, she requested a hat that "hugs my head (so no slouch), no pom-pom, no eyes, no ear flaps and no braids" =)

My little girl is growing up and is done with baby hats LOL!! 

She also wanted some sparkle in her hat. She and I shopped for this yarn online, she chose the white ("because it's like arctic foxes, which are my third favorite animals"). 

She loves animals - "I can't decide if I should be a marine biologist, or a vet. So I'll be a Vet on mon-wed-friday, and a marine biologist on tuesday and thursday" =) 

This pattern is such a refreshing change from the "in the round" construction as well as gathered hats that are too "bunchy" at the crown. I love the waves, and the stretch in the resulting fabric.

The first time I started this hat and got to row 8, I was multitasking and watching Earth at Night with Aaru, so was not paying as much attention as I should have been, and made a mistake. Frogged that and started again, this time reading the entire pattern and understanding what was happening. It's a well-written pattern, works up quickly, and did I mention the texture is beautiful?

ETA - pom-poms are okay if they are fur 😆



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -