Saturday, March 23, 2013

Slip Cover

I made a slipcover of the same purple flannel that you saw in this recent post, mainly because I had just enough left for one slipcover. A few scraps are all I have left of it!

Slipcover V1.0 had the zipper on top, as in the video I pointed to in this post, and it took a little lot of wrestling to get the cover onto the pillow. So I called that the Beta version, fixed the bug and re-did the zipper and placed it on the curved side, this way the cover slides on easily. Slipcover 2.0 :)

And cover #2 with the cute girl silhouettes got a random splatter of green & pink buttons on an improvised closure mainly dictated by the amount of fabric I had! I think I did a pretty good job of lining up the prints where I had to join leftovers.

So there you have it, two slip covers on an oversized boppy pillow, all for less than twenty bucks (I got the polyfill at 50% off, the fabrics were all remnants/purchased on sale). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -