Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A throw for the living room...

We have brown furniture in the living room. (I remember picking out a bag, shopping in Mumbai five years ago, and Suchita saying - "Of course you like it!! Its brown!". She made me get another (smarter) olive green-burnt orange bag instead. Thank you Suchita!) 

Back to furniture, Jatan and I aren't very adventurous when it comes to picking out things for the house. With our limited collective imagination, we just stick to convention! That's how a brown couch ended up in our living room.

That couch is where we park ourselves to watch TV, eat dinner, chat... It is the living room after all :) and there is something about curling up with a blanket on a comfy couch that can't be beat!

Wanting to make a shawl / throw for the purpose, this is what I started with -

Gudia picked out the yarn. We loved the color, it goes very well with the brown of my couch. And the feel is very cuddle-worthy, real soft!

I've been crochet-ing, just double crochet stitches. It is coming along, not as fast as I'd like it to, though!

Gudia asks "Agli sardee tak ban jaayegi?!"
I sure hope so ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -