Thursday, December 29, 2011

New crochet hooks.

My first crochet hooks were the cheapy Boye hooks that have fat heads, shallow hooks and way too much friction with the yarn. All that pulling and tugging made my fingers ache. Given that I've been crocheting frequently, I thought it was okay to get me new hooks. After a brief discussion on ravelry I decided to try another brands.
One quick, okay, not-so-quick trip to Joann's got me two brands (and a bunch of yarn on sale, score!)

One is a size H, Bates brand that I am currently using to crochet a beanie for a friend's son (new year's present when we meet them this weekend :)), and I'm loving it already. It has a 'deeper' hook so the yarn really 'engages', and the strands don't come apart.

The other hook I got is a 'Clover' and I can't wait to use it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -