Sunday, December 25, 2011


I pre-ordered my copy of Mylo Xyloto on Amazon a month in advance and did a little dance when the yellow envelope arrived. I've been listening to the foursome full time since then and I just can NOT get enough!

I love love love to turn up the volume in my car and listen to Chris Martin sing. It reminds me of Skeeter saying "If chocolate was a sound, it would've been Constantine's voice singing. If singing was a color, it would've been the color of that chocolate." (from The Help).
Teens standing in the front row of a Michael Jackson concert, screaming and crying, now make sense! Not that I scream or cry, but I understand how something can evoke strong emotion like that.

Humming Charlie Brown one day, I felt it's not fair that God put SO much talent into one person, while there continue to be so so many tone deaf people around, yours truly included.
Just not fair.
But immediately after, I found myself rectifying that thought.

I realized that uniform mediocrity isn't what God has in mind, he knows that the world needs a few fountainheads of creativity. The 1% that create something and give the rest of the 99% something to look forward to, something to hold on to.

By extension the same applies to spirituality/morality/strength and similar invisible attributes too. There are 'givers' and there are 'takers' of those. Each needs something, and in turn, has something to give. And as human beings, we are all obligated to continue growing so that we have more to 'give' than we need to 'take'.

I do not know what I ever did to deserve them, or if I can ever give them anything in return, but I am extremely thankful for my family - they are my support system, they are always there, they give me strength and keep me going! Thank you for everything guys, I love you very much!

So much for my 'not fair' rant!
Just one of those facts that has always been around, but it takes a special moment (or a special song in my case) for one to be able to see it. Like those zen masters say - When the pupil is ready, the teacher appears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -