Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A Scarf for Me

Of all the crochet projects I've completed in these past years, many have been gifts, and the rest have been baby items. Not much for myself, why, I haven't the foggiest. So I felt like making a shawl/scarf for Moi!! 

Having recently dipped my toe into the vast & varied world of tunisian crochet, I've been really enjoying the technique. So I made a tunisian simple stitch scarf =) Toni at TLYC inspired me to make some stripes and fringe. I took elements of the Bobbi scarf and the Ada Shawl and mixed 'em up.






I think we've established that I love making things. Sewing is awesome and I miss it, but crochet is a portable hobby that I can indulge in around kids. My almost 3 year old knows that it is "mumma yarn, mumma hook". So "no touchy" 😆 So these evenings you'll probably find me with a hook in one hand and a bag full of yarn next to me, while the kids watch their daily episode of Wild Kratts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like -